4 years ago
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Contra Contrast - number duo
Well, this one was funny. Mostly because a similar situation occurred several years ago. I'll start from the end and work back. The other day my work had a "happy" hour. These are always funny because what generally happens is a lot of bitching about work and talk about how unhappy everyone is. For the most part, it wasn't like so, but needless to say I was going where beer would likely be consumed. When I invited the pilot plant guy, Nathan, he kindly declined (side note: usually science people and pilot plant guys don't mix...I like to change that as I did at Nestle and will do here). He did, however, offer to give me a ride home after in case I needed it (all the way to flipping Berkeley! Wowzers). He said "Call me if you need a ride". I said "What am I supposed to call Walnut Creek? ....then he proceeded to give me his card equipped with cell phone number. This brought me back to the time when I was in Shipyard Galley in Mattapoisett and a Porky's customer came in and said "hey! you're the girl that works at Porky's, right?", "yes" I replied. "Tell him I said 'hi'", "I don't know who you are" I said, "he knows who I am, tell him I said 'hi'". "Sure thing". Ok, Porky, some guy who you know says hi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment