Monday, March 2, 2009

3 lessons learned

1. Dress appropriately in wet weather.
Shouldn't I have learned this yesterday? When I was riding around in street clothes insta-soaked? Shouldn't I have really driven the point home to myself when I was walking home with groceries on my back and a flat in the rear? I guess not.

2. Be careful reading on the BART. Especially when the main character's son is killed in a car accident at the tender age of 5. Saddzers. I almost started crying, not to mention uncomfortably sticky with my wet clothes.

3. Well, the third lesson is only coming because I wrote the title before I actually thought about what I would write. Ok, so the lesson here is...whining can fix bikes! Yes! After I somehow got my roommate to fix my flat yesterday I realized something was wrong when it took serious effort to pedal backwards. Well, he told me the wheel was broken, I whined louder. When he pretty much noped me I went down and figured it out myself. In the meantime, he might have felt guilty or something but he came down. I told him (the engineer, by the way) what the problem was and attempted to unbolt my wheel, he promptly took over and completed the task. Score. Caitlin 2: Owen 0.

No comments: