Monday, November 17, 2008

Raceface

I totally had my raceface on yesterday even without my trainface for the past few weeks. It was a pretty inspirational race for several reasons.

1. Two lab fans traveled all the way out there to watch me pedal my metal!! That is over an hour drive from Raleigh and it shows me that some of my fans are quite die hard...with a vengeance.

2. For >50% possibly even >75% but definitely >50% I was beating Alicia Genest Hamblen. That rules. When I first started racing back at UMass she joined the team....as a pro. I was getting dropped from every womens B road race the collegiate scene had to offer and I never imagined that one day I might be close to her. Sure she just had a baby this year but there is no way she lost everything, heck I already raced her over a month ago.

3. I finally got lapped on my last lap by the leader of the men's 3 race at the perfect section....the sand. And as dude passed me, I maintained. I was with him for almost half a lap and I swear he looked back at one point to see if I was still there. I totally ruled at that downhill sand section and I was pumped about it. He passed me at a corner and I almost passed him back but I figured since he was lapping me he might end up being faster, so I let him go and stayed with him all the way until the uphill sand section.

Check out me with Alicia behind me. She was about that position for another mile or so.

No comments: