It's more true than you could ever imagine (I wish you could see me type this so you can watch my emphasis). Body language tells all and I'm starting to understand it. Now don't get me wrong, this is no new phenomenon to me but I have never really understood what exactly a person does to show me what exactly they want to say. Subconsciously I get it but beyond that it's like I have no control. Thankfully, I'm reading a book to break it all down. Ideally, I'd like to understand what means what and use it to my advantage weather that is to understand what someone is saying to me or what I want to say to someone.
Clearly, when yesterday in the grocery store when not cashier #5 asked me for my number he somehow misinterpreted my signals of "I want to leave" with "we should definitely go out" knowing these skills would have been of great advantage. Luckily, I was so flustered I honestly couldn't remember my number and accidentally gave him most of my number mixed with Mr. Kick Ass's. Crap. I actually do feel bad about it but I was trying to get away and Joel totally left me hanging. When trying to give the real cashier #5 the signal that "I'll give you my phone number, SSN, PIN and first born child" I was totally left in the dust. I need a good rewiring.
Still haven't fixed my picture situation with IN but here is another teaser:


No comments:
Post a Comment