Well. This cross country trip is dead to me. And by that I mean over. Thank goodness? Nah. It was fun but I'm sick of driving. I made it approximately 4000 miles in the past week. What? There is no way it should cost that many miles. Pythagorus said? I should know by now that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. Also, I should know that the hypotenuse is definitely shorter than the remaining two sides put together. With that written, I will go ahead and note that I did just the opposite of what alternative energy should want me to do. A nice right angle off of 95S to 40W and go! (OK, technically I went 64W and eventually 40W but those 90 degrees were still there).
Pictures will be here whenever the capp (that's just a where I live joke) my stuff gets here and I get the cord to transfer them. I would have to say there were some big adventures had.
Here is what I learned.
1) States AK, OK and TX are almost as bad as NJ. Okay, not almost, NJ is far beyond the rest but these states are dead to me.
2) The petrified forest/painted dessert is decidedly less interesting when snowing.
3) The meteor crater closes at 5 pm. Sharp.
4) It snows a wicked lot in AZ and Flagstaff is one of the greatest places on earth even though they don't plow.
5) The Grand Canyon should be the Wicked Grand Canyon. Helicopter rides are a must.
6) The Grand Canyon cavern tour is a must.
7) Hoover Dam - Take the tour!! So neat!!!
8) Las Vegas! Spend only what time I spent there - 1 hour!
9) LA - surprisingly cool. I always thought it was going to be the dumps but Pasadena and Santa Monica are quite nice. Glendora? Not so close to LA William. And I'm from Boston.
10) Elephant seals are flipping adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11) Route 1 along Big Sur is the prettiest drive I have ever done (I was going to make a crack about never having done a drive into a million mirrors but that drive would have to have been the nerdliest)
12) Ahh let's see....Well it's completely confirmed that my dad rules as he tore up the pool court at the most hipster bar I've ever been to and made friends with everyone (almost literally). After playing all night with Dustin (his new friend - who doubled as a young hottie...if you will) he scored his number. I told Dustin I thought he has a good chance with Bob and he said that he better call. We'll see Dustin.
Well, I could prolly type forever about this trip but i don't want to get carpal tunnel syndrome and I'll prolly get pretty thirsty later. So, this post is dead to me. Pictures later.
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment