
I've got it - Homeobacillus Mattapoisett
Right, so I'm thinking, how the crap can I be homesick? I just got here? I was just home! Well, I was home for less than 1 month and I've been away for about 6 years. That nice month made me realize how stellar the New England is. Everywhere else is fine but I like that edge that the northerners have. Winter weather gives you a toughness that you'll never understand if you aren't in it for more than a few years. I remember back in the hay day of UMass riding our commuter bikes at night with huge winter jackets up ridiculous western mass hills. The only real commuter I knew in Raleigh was Mr. Kickass, who is from MA! When I was in New Bedford I even saw bikes where I don't know if I would ever ride. Through the cobble stones of downtown with spaces as big as cross tires in betwixt them, I stared in awe.
Oh, and not to mention my family and friends! Bob T. rules! It gets me wondering what I'm doing over here in the SF CA. I'm getting old here (25 SWF) and I want to end up in Rough City, MA. Maybe I better finish up my youth. Maybe I shouldn't. I don't know.

No comments:
Post a Comment