I went to the Tour of California (TOC) on Saturday and half of Sunday. Well, as many ladies know, and some boyfriends, but probably no guys, that Saturday was indeed Valentines day. So while Lance was chosen for random drug testing (which the UC Davis team figured out - thanks guys!) we decided it would be a prime opportunity to get an autograph. I obviously opted for more. I opted for a valentine for the day. As Lance entered the trailer and the crowd went wild, one voice called out to him "Will you be my valentine?" "No....I already have one." Eff. Rejected on V-day. When he came back out for the autograph signings and he was right in front of me I continued "you can reconsider that valentines day offer", "I can't, I'll get in trouble", "I won't tell", [chuckle - LA], [no chuckle - CT].
What I did get was an alright picture of myself and Bjarne Riis (the 1996 Tour of France winner). As the crowd waited for Lance, no one noted the celeb behind us just kickin' around waiting for his team. I approached him and asked for a picture. He said sure. I said "let's do something funny, let's look angry." Noped again. He said in a stellar accent "no no no, just a naaahhhmal pictcha" and smiled.
PS. Pictures more often!! I'm getting Jamie VJ (he's got one of those dashed names that works out perfectly) to fix my internet issues.

No comments:
Post a Comment