
And don't you hate pants???
Real talk. Those are my shoes with my *new* shoe laces. These are made from a used bicycle tube. These laces turn any shoe into a slip on. Simply take an old tube, slice it, and insert into shoe. One road tube = 4 sets of laces OR 3 sets of laces + 1 spare lace + 1 really flipping adorable belt on an old style dress. The remaining bits can be used to mend torn gloves and potentially a new waterproof seat bag! Unless you have a stellar sewing machine which is not the White brand Multitasker, you'll probably want a thimble. I'm going to attempt to get a custom build stainless steel thimble because my plastic unit was about to snap during the glove mending.

2 comments:
Sick awesome. Did you invent that idea?
No, saw it on a friend. BUT talk about getting your tubes tied! Funny thing is I looked up how to do it! Instructions were a picture of scissors, a tube and unlaced shoes. I also sewed some tubing onto my gloves and so far it's holding up well!
Post a Comment