Monday, February 15, 2010

Oakland -> Diablo -> Oakland -> Grave

I made it. One heck of an epic ride resulting in slight mental insanity and some insanely good tan lines. I rode starting a hair past 11 until a hair before 6 at which point I ate half of a loaf of bread and the remainder of my roommates Americone Dream ice cream. Mt. Diablo might be the hardest sequential climb I have ever done. Race repeaters are equally as hard but you have the flats, downhill etc. to break it up. Mt. D is straight epic with a cruel finish. The last 100 feet gets me out of the saddle and weaving across the road. I was even cheered on. There were a few bikers at the top. Dude bros no less. Then I ripped up the descent passing no less than 3 vehicles.

I took some mad pix and will update with at least 1 if it's worth it.

xoxoctxoxo

PS There is a web domain called LOLmart. There is a heaven.

No comments: