Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Team Inland Construction/ Vanderkitten = Team Total Deconstruction of Competition

This weekend I participated in the 8th Burn 24 hour challenge. We managed to snag the title for the fastest day lap, night lap, coed division and came darn close to sweeping the entire event (2nd overall!!).

The team consisted of:
Charles "Charlie" Pendry
Matthew "Matt" Rotroff
Michael "Mike" Lockheart
Lucas "Lucas" Livermon

and myself
Caitlin T-Bomber (name has been changed to not interfere with my job applications)

We kicked it hardcore underneath a tent....yup, lots of sitting going on. In between periods of sitting someone would kick it on the trail. The trail, in my opinion, was quite stellar. Not really technical but lots of burms and switch backs that you could hit with speed. I felt like superman/woman, whatev. Either way it was fun.

My legs felt pretty great on the trail. I had some fast times both day and night which I was really proud of. To top it off Mr. Pendry, a friend and hero, was pretty stoked for my success as well. It's quite the confidence booster when someone who is getting consistent top 20's in the national series compliments you on your speed.

I was passed once on the trail and that's only by the team that won. All other periods consisted of me flying by others similar to any scene with me on the highway but the other way around (I drive like I'm already grandma T-Bomber).

Thanks to all the sponsors who rule so hard! You rule!

and the important one here:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Favorite people!
Good job!