Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Seirra Point

My Moonie race report draft:

I rode to the race with big sis and friends who clearly haven't comprehended the awesomeness of cyclocross and had promptly turned around after arriving at the race leaving me to the real cyclocross groupo, the Moonies. I took a couple mental laps during the "NO PRELAP - THERE WILL BE NO PRELAP" time and finally got a few real prelaps in to scout out where I predicted the dollar grab would be. Up the hill after the barriers? No, it will be right before the woopdewoop. Great. It's race time. Crush bitches, crush bitches, crush bitches. Try for the dollar grab. Totally miss and almost catch tape. Continually get sloppier with sloppiness working to my advantage. [No kidding on this one, the more tired I got, the faster I was over the barriers and up the runups, unfortunately also bruisier. At one point, headed up to the stairs, I unclipped rather late only for my bike to hit a rock sending it nicely onto my shoulder for a super fast runup.]* Anyway, finally, I catch Katherine and heck yeah! she pulls for me around the finish line! I finished 9th to maintain consistency (9th at McLaren and 9th at Coyote Point). Post race conversation with Kathryn reveals that pull was an attempted drop even though we weren't racing against each other - she's just crushing bitches as always.

*I'm science. Pure. I dont use english and nor punctuation spots good.

ENDO

No comments: