Sunday, June 21, 2009

YeSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsS

Holy-weekend. I've discovered the most natural/fun/hillarious medicine. Mountain biking.

Thursday (6/18) was Thursday (6/18) and I couldn't sleep. Bummer. Friday (6/19) was my brffffday. Hecka busy/tired from the no sleep/exhausting/painful at points. I had a bunch of fun on the work cruise (I'm sure it was for me though) but as I was wearing some heels, I failed to see a step....painted in bright yellow...and with the word caution several times written around it. If they had made it obvious there wouldn't have been a problem but there was, obviously. I totally twisted my ankle and it hurt...kind of bad. EFFFFF. My first race of the year was 6/20 and I've been looking forward to it forever and now on top of having to borrow a bike for the race I've now potentially got myself into a worse situation. Well eff. Oh, did I fail to mention I felt like I was getting sick? A bit feverish but never confirmed. Just the icing..you know.

Whatevs. I'm going to the race and I'm racing. I drove up, circled the campsites 1, 2, 3 times...dArN...no more sites...what's this? a secret street, turn left now, park, look right, Murphy Mackxcks!!! Immediately everything is awesome. As he comes to kick me out of the group spot he recognizes Caitlin T. Welcome. I adjust this new bike to me (raise seat post 4 inches) and go! My ankle is only hurting when I unclip...answer = don't do it. 4 laps later, 2 times lost, 1 good rasperry (maybs some pix lates) I finished. My ankle doesn't hurt, I don't feel sick anymore (even after not sleeping friday night), no longer on a bike that doesn't fit properly, Murphy is feeding me, and Jen is massaging me. Life is good. The biking somehow fixed everything. Take that Andrew Weil.

I can't wait for the next endurance race. I'll be so hecka healthy after.

No comments: